Unless otherwise agreed my normal terms of business, in the execution of commissioned work, are as follows;
-Initial site visits within 15 mile radius are free of charge.
-Initial site visits within a 15 to 40 mile radius are subject to a £30-00 flat fee.
-Initial site visits beyond a 40 mile radius are charged at 2/3 current workshop rate plus a mileage, and if necessary, accommodation allowance.
-Subsequent site visits chargeable at 2/3 workshop rate (plus mileage etc. as appropriate).
-I will provide, as early on as possible , an assessment of the likely cost of a job, based on the cost of previous, similar works undertaken, and/or my best estimate of time likely to be taken. Please be aware that it is not possible to give accurate costings for a piece of work whose details have not been fully decided.
-Samples, maquettes, and drawings executed at the customer’s request both before and after final agreement to proceed are chargeable at normal workshop rate, unless otherwise agreed.
-While I make every effort to provide realistic time schedules, and to adhere to them, I am unable to guarantee them and will not accept penalties for time overruns. I operate on a “first come, first served” basis; I require a deposit one month before starting a commission.
I currently charge workshop time at an annually adjusted hourly rate, of which I will advise the customer prior to any commitment on either side, and materials at cost to myself plus 15% handling charge.
-Fitting is charged at the same rate as workshop time, with the addition of mileage/accommodation allowances as detailed above.
-My normal terms are: one third of budget sum up front; one third of budget sum upon completion of workshop stage (I.e. prior to delivery); remaining balance is due within one month of date of final invoice. The final invoice is raised once the commission has been satisfactorily completed.
I am VAT registered.
The following terms and conditions apply to purchases made through the shop;
1. General – All orders are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order by the buyer shall be considered acceptance of these conditions. These conditions may not be modified or varied without our agreement in writing and we shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor waive any of these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communication from the buyer. These conditions can only be varied by ourselves (John Churchill, Blacksmiths) and such variations shall be applicable as of the moment they are uploaded to this site.
2. Dispatch Policy – Every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown, and marked as for sale, are available to order. However, we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale.
If we are unable to supply the goods required to your particular specifications, you will be notified as soon as possible after we receive your order, and you will be offered a full refund or an alternative.
You will be sent confirmation of your order within a few days, by email. It is the customers responsibility to notify us of any errors or changes required within 48 hours of receipt of confirmation.
It is the customers responsibility to advise us of non-receipt of the confirmation.
Your receipt will specify an expected dispatch date. If we are unable to dispatch within the expected time frame, we will contact you with an estimated dispatch date.
3. Prices and Tax. Card transactions are completed once we receive your order. The Credit cards accepted are VISA, MASTERCARD, VISA DELTA, SOLO, MAESTRO and transactions are subject to the exchange rate on the date of transaction. Delivery to non-European countries may result in import duties payable on receipt of the goods. You will be liable for these duties.
4. Orders – orders sent in confirmation of telephone instructions should be clearly marked as such otherwise any additional expense incurred by ourselves as a result of duplication of order, will be charged to the buyer.
5. Damage in Transit and Shortages Etc – We will exchange free of charge goods damaged in transit provided that we receive written notification of such damage within 48 hours of delivery. Goods received in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition must be signed for as such. This is extremely important in the event the courier refuses to take the goods back at the time of delivery.
On receipt, goods should be checked with the advice note enclosed with the goods. Shortage claims and delivery discrepancies will only be considered if we receive notification of such shortages within 48 hours of delivery, failing which no liability will be admitted. Any packaging and accompanying contents should always be retained for inspection.
We accept no responsibility to trade customers for any consequential losses or delays whatsoever in the event goods are not received in good condition and/or goods are lost in transit.
We must in the first instance, and provided the procedures above have been adhered to, be given the opportunity to replace the damaged or lost goods whether or not they are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will arrange for the manufacture of replacement goods as soon as possible.
We generally use the Royal Mail’s “recorded signed for”service for small consignments (under 2 kg) and carriers for anything larger. A signature is required in both these cases, as laid out above. If you are not in when they call then they will leave a card detailing how to arrange receipt of your goods. This procedure can only be varied by your request, and at your risk, for orders of less than £100-00. Orders with a value of more than £100-00 will only be dispatched if someone is at the destination address to take delivery and will not be left unsigned for.
6. Returns Policy.
We have a simple returns policy which means if you are unhappy with any ironmongery item, it can be returned for an exchange or full refund of the price of the item within 7 days. However, if it is an item which has been made to order we are unable to accept returns.
The item must be returned in an unused condition, complete with any fastenings supplied, and in the original packaging, in so far as is possible. Postage costs are not refundable unless the return is a result of our error. Then we will be happy to refund the delivery charge. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking charge.
Returned goods should be sent by recorded delivery as we are not liable for any items lost in the post.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
The following information would help us when you are returning any item-
Receipt for goods or copy:
Reason for return:
Action you require (refund, exchange for same item, exchange for different item:
We will try and deal with any return quickly and efficiently.
7. Cancellation – We reserve the right to implement an administration charge of 20% minimum for orders cancelled by the trade customer at any time prior to manufacture of that order and once the item has been manufactured we cannot accept any cancellation of the order but we will however refund any postage charges. Domestic consumers have 7 working days starting the day after delivery to cancel their order with the exception of matters expressly excluded by the distance selling regulations.
8. Colours, shapes and sizes – The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors and we do not accept responsibility for any variations
9. Descriptive Matter and Illustrations – All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions issued by ourselves are approximate only and are intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and therefore may vary and the customer should contact us for full specification. Styles and designs may vary slightly to the image shown and we reserve the right to alter any design at any time without prior notice.
10. Warranty – We guarantee all goods supplied for a period of 12 months. Your statutory rights are not affected.
11. Confidentiality – All confidential information, including credit card details, are held securely and only transmitted in encrypted form. Customer details are not passed to third parties, but we reserve the right to pass on customers contact numbers to parcel carriers in the event of delivery difficulties, unless specifically requested not to do so. All customer details are used only in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
12. Indemnity – You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
13. Jurisdiction – The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. Failed Deliveries – All orders whether “Free delivery” or “Charged for” delivery refers to an order being sent to a given address once only. We reserve the right to request any subsequent delivery costs from the customer, if the item is returned to us due to failed delivery.
15. Shop closures. – As a small business we are not able to undertake to trade throughout the year without periods of closure. These periods of time, during which it will not be possible to purchase goods or commission services through the website, will be notified within the Shop and in the Commissions section as applicable.
16. Commissions – Terms and conditions for commissioned work are as described in the previous article unless otherwise agreed.
17. Consumer Rights – None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.